Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Hot Ones !


These are fantastically hot ! But I picked all the red ones before the first frost that night. The foliage covers over how dense the fruit-set is; there are peppers all over !

Except for 'over-ripe' fruit, there was no pestilence of any kind on all three pepper varieties; no bugs, no molds.

All my peppers were foliarly fed with the nutrient products I showed below, but I also used foliar sprays of all the Advanced Nutrients microbial products (Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Tarantula). My foliar feeding methods always had generous run-off, but I hosed the nutrients onto them covering their foliage first.

I wonder if microbes living in higher numbers in the above-ground plant tissues (stems, leaves, fruit and flowers) affects ripening..? Would they lengthen the ripening period of shorten it..? I will have 2 crops of hot peppers to pick, the first one is shown here on Oct. 29, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home