Monday, November 13, 2006

Over-ripe Hops !


Here we are on Oct 29 2006. My Golden Hops plant has become over-ripened, and still has a totally seedless crop of cones.

Had I only known what to do with the abundant crop of cones !

For 8 years I have been growing this same plant, but this year regenreating it from a root stock I transplanted, it grew grew into something different. It was green not "golden' and it made the stinkiest buds and 'cones' ever ! Plus it grew into a monster, whereas last year it was a pipsqueak of a perennial vine.

I attribute the unbridaled growth of my hops plant, the 'overcoming' of its genetic predisposition to be 'golden' and be green, and the incredible stench of the flower-cones to my coordinated use of the Advanced Nutrients products I mentioned below.

I foliarly fed this hops with B52 and Colossal Bud Blast on alternating days all summer long, twice a week at least. I used the suite of beneficial microbes made by Advanced Nutrients each week until mid August. My base-nutrients were Advanced Nutrients 3-part Grow-Micro-Bloom.

Next Year .. just imagine what he root stock will come out with ! ... !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home