Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Poundage One Month Later !


This photo taken Oct. 3 2006 should be compared to the one I posted below from Sep. 5. These are my beefsteak tomatoes, from which I've been picking fruit every week now since Sept 23.

Notice how the weight was so excessive that the plants collapsed back down their support-strings.

I have quit all foliar feeding for over a month, and hosed water to the roots only. A few days of heavy rain in September rinsed all the garden's foliage.

The colours are kicking in late, I feel, but Holey Moley is the yield high in terms of weight! I have picked at least 50 lbs of tomatoes already from in here ! I can't keep up with processing all this fruit !

I had to go get another freezer ! I boil up a batch to freeze everynight now... !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home