Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Powdery Mildew Free Season !


This photo of my backyard growing area called the "new soil" garden was taken on August 14 2006. This garden required continual feeding with my soluble fertilizers to keep well nourished. I also used my B52 and Colossal Bud Blast to supplement the basic Grow-Micro-Bloom fertilizers. All beneficial microbes were also used here.

There was a perfect point in mid August when all plants were lushly growing and not a stitch of powdery mildew was to be found, just liek you see here.

Then this one pumpkin plant succumbed to powdery mildew by August 24, and I noticed a tell tale sign showing this was happening. When the growing tip of the pumpkin shoot no longer "pointed down", it stopped growing and within 7 days the leaves were breaking out in white "dust". (see next photo)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home