Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mature Hops Cones


On August 30 most of my Hops' flowers had turned into cones. Sticky and fragrant "cones" develop from little tufty, "buds" of white hairs. Such a distinctive "skunky" or musky-cheese-and-beer aroma when you squeeze a cone and crush it !

I am amazed by how "greened up" this year's growth has been; I have been propagating this Hop's root stock for over eight years ! It has never looked so Green ! compare the background green to the colour of a leaf in the foreground !

I moved to this house two years ago bringing a piece of the Hops' root stock with me. Last year I did not apply the Advanced Nutrients products I used this year; I just watered.

Although it's an "uncontrolled experiment" I am attributing the overwhelming "greening up" of my "Golden " hops to the potency of the foliar feeding I gave it for six weeks using Grow-Micro-Bloom with fulvic acid, and regular use of B52 and the seaweed extracts in Colossal Bud Blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home