Friday, November 24, 2006

The Purple Poundage !


Look at this potato's colour ! Amazing ! ... And the yield was high ! over 40 pounds of awesome coloured potatoes from a 5 pound bag of seed potatoes. !

This bed was in the sunniest part of the yard; it got the best of everything. I foliarly fed this crop regularly and used all of Advanced Nutrients' beneficial microbes on it.

While I still had some microbes, I was always liberal with my dial-a-spray loaded up with a solution of symbiotes, hosing all foliage in the garden with the beneficial microbes in Piranha, Tarantula and Voodoo Juice.

I was mostly itrigued by the Trichoderma species in Piranha; I was reading here;
http://www.advancednutrients.com/advancepedia/product.php?productID=44&catID=18

apparently these species of mycorrhizal fungi will grow into plant tissue in a "controlled infection" and thereby protect the root tissue from other fungal invasions. So I just sprayed the foliage too.

It seems ironic; which ever nutrient solution I was using, I was foliar feeding a root crop !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home