Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Smell of The Ocean


I should explain what I mean by the smell of seaweed extract. ! I spray Colossal Bud Blast on everything.

Colossal Bud Blast has a real aroma of seaweed; it's part of the ingredients.

I used to try to use a product called "Seaspray" that was a boiled-down liquid extract of Ascophylum nodosum. I tried to inject this stuff, but it clogged everything with stringy seaweed gel. I got fond of the aroma of seaweed then, since when I could smell it I knew it was getting onto the crops. If I couldn't smell it, something had plugged up.

If you get a strong concentrate, seaweed extract is really potent at promoting plant growth (auxins and cytokinins) and stress resistance ("betaines") so I was keen on using some. I bought Colossal Bud Blast since I was told it had some in it. And after smelling my garden, I'm sure it is loaded with it !

The aroma lasts only while things are wet; I spray the foliage the next day with water to wash and re-dissolve the "left overs" of the foliar spray back into the leaves and soil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home